Disclaimer: "Optometry Council of India is a self-regulatory body registered under the Indian Company Act , Section 25 A (Not for Profit)"
The Optometry Council of India (OCI) is “Not for Profit” company (registered under section 25A. The funds generated would be used for the betterment of the profession. Some of the projects are:
- Accreditation of optometry schools/colleges
- Accrediting Continuing Education (CE) programs
- Advocacy of the profession
- Improving public awareness about eyecare
- Public Awareness about standards in optometry
Duties of Eye Care Practitioners
Public Sector The duties of Eye Care Practitioners in Public sector are governed by the duty charter issued by the government. The view the duty charter details received by us, please click here. This duty charter is yet to be notified.
Private Sector The duties of Eye Care Practitioners in Private sector are in the process of being finalized.
Individuals with Qualification of 2 years and more
The registration is currently available for individuals with qualification of 2 years and more. The process consists of:
For Fees and Payments, please see the bank details below
The registration fees is Rs 2000/- for Optometrists based in India and Rs 5000/- for Optometrists based outside India. For fast track applications the amount to be paid is Rs 3500/- for Optometrists based in India and Rs 6500/- for Optometrists based outside India. The fees is for a duration for 3 years .You can avail 10% discount, if 10 – 24 individuals are registering at a time (payment should be made by single cheque / draft). You can avail 20% discount, if 25 or more individuals are registering at a time.
Name: Optometry Council Of India A/c No: 5020-0000-6657-93
RTGS / NEFT IFSC: HDFC0000041 Bank: HDFC Bank
|Optometry Council of India is very proud to announce the first 10 registrants. They are:
Click here to view all the Members List.
Individuals with Qualification less than 2 years
For individuals with qualification of less than 2 years, the process consists of:
1. Completing the online form consisting of personal details, qualification, current work details, uploading passport photo and qualification certificates.
2. Once the form is submitted a reference number is generated. Please retain this number and quote it whenever contacting OCI. Click here to proceed
For listing your practise in practice locator:
1. Own Practice: If you are an Optometrist and have own practice, then register yourself with OCI and contact OCI with the registration number and your practice details.
2. Employing an Optometrist: If you employ an Optometrist, then please ensure that the Optometrist is registered with OCI and and contact OCI with the registration number and your practice details. Email at: email@example.com